Open Position Announcement at Department of Technology and
Society SUNY Korea
The Department of Technology and Society (DTS) is a transdisciplinary department of
Stony Brook University and the SUNY Korea department is an extension of the Stony
Brook University program, offering the same curriculum and degrees Research and
teaching is focused on 4 Smarts: Smart Communities, Smart Development, Smart
Education, and Smart Ethics. The department combines engineering with the
humanities and liberal arts and faces the societal and environmental challenges of
advanced and emerging countries. The DTS at SUNY Korea pursues smart
development in depth with a major focus on information and communications
technology (ICT) for sustainable development.
We welcome applications for both tenure track and non-tenure track positions by
individuals with demonstrated teaching and research interests in the field of science and
technology studies (STS), communication research, economics and other social science
disciplines. Individuals who are open to research and teaching collaboration with other
departments and disciplines (such as computer science and mechanical engineering)
are welcome to apply. Those with research and teaching interests in the following areas
are encouraged to apply.
- Smart communities and smart development including ICT for development
- Technology management, including economics, and entrepreneurship
- Engineering management including system engineering for information systems and
next generation networks
- Ethics of engineered systems and design, including robotics, big data and autonomous
- Holistic engineering education and educational technology
- Design thinking and game design
***For tenure-track and other professorial appointments, the Ph.D. is required.
Applicants should submit the following:
• A cover letter outlining research and teaching interests.
• A curriculum vitae.
• A published article, paper or other example of their written work.
• Short descriptions of courses that they have taught.
• Candidates applying at the assistant professor level should arrange for three letters of
reference to be submitted separately
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com and will be accepted until the position(s) are filled.
Candidates will be interviewed by a faculty search committee, either in person or by
video conference, prior to any hiring decisions.