SUNY Korea's Department of Technology and Society (DTS) offers selected B.S. M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Stony Brook University's College of Engineering and Applied Sciences. These programs have selective admissions requirements and are well known in the United States.
By choosing SUNY Korea, you are joining Stony Brook University, considered a flagship campus of the 64 campuses in the public university system comprising the State University of New York (SUNY). SUNY is the largest public system in the U.S., with more than 450,000 students from 160 nations, 30,000 faculty members, and over 2.5 million alumni residing in New York State and throughout the world. If you're looking to become involved in high technology research of the highest caliber, you need look no further. Stony Brook University is considered one of the top public research universities in the US.
Applications to SUNY Korea programs are accepted based upon the standards and requirements of Stony Brook University. Currently, DTS offers the following programs:
- Ph.D. in Technology, Policy, and Innovation (TPI).
- M.S. in Technological Systems Management with concentrations in Global Technology Management or Digital Technologies in Disaster Risk Reduction (Coming in 2018).
- Accelerated B.S./M.S. program that allows you to obtain undergraduate and graduate degrees in Technological Systems Management in 5 years.
Extensive information is available in a downloadable format (PDF).
- Available programs
- Admission and application requirements
- Tuition and fees
Technological Systems Management (M.S.)
Technology, Policy and Innovation (Ph.D.)
1. Admission Deadline: for Online Application
– Spring: Jan. 15
– Fall: June. 30
– Homepage: http://www.sunykorea.ac.kr/
– Online Application to:
2. Required Documents
– Online Application (SUNY Korea Graduate School Online)
– Two copies of official transcript in English
– Official English Proficiency Score for M.S.: TOEFL (Spring 2019: 85 or above / Fall 2019 and after: 80 or above) or IELTS (6.5 or above)
– Official English Proficiency Score for Ph.D.: TOEFL (90 or above) or IELTS (6.5 or above)
– Official GRE score
– Three letters of recommendation from three recommenders (via online or papers in sealed envelops, signed across the seal by the recommender. The paper form can be downloaded from the online)
*Applicants must submit original copies for all supporting documents (except for college diplomas).
*All documents should be submitted in ENGLISH.
*Prepare all required documents and send them directly to the admissions office:
Graduate & Department Administration (Ms. Minji Kang)
Rm. 201, Academic Building A, 119 Songdo Moonhwa-Ro, Yeonsu-Gu, Incheon, Korea 21985
3. ITCCP (IT Consilience Creative Program for Ph.D. in TPI)
–Full tuition, Room, Certain amount of fee for research per month
*Queries: Program Coordinator: Minji Kang (email@example.com)